The tunnel link to the Herbert Smith Freehills Law Library has reopened. Part of the newly refurbished Fisher South on Level 1 near the tunnel link includes a new space called the Newsroom.
All current newspapers and popular magazines which had previously been located in the 2 Hour collection on Level 3 will now be located in this new space.
In 2012 the Library reviewed its existing loan and fine conditions for all Library collections. From 7 January 2013, there will be longer loan periods and no fines for the late return of items which are not required by other borrowers. Note, however, that there will be increased fines for the non-return of high demand items and lost material.
All Library material borrowed or renewed from the 7 of January 2013 will be subject to the loan and fine conditions listed below:
- General collection items may be borrowed for 12 weeks unless requested by another borrower
- Once borrowed, general collection items may be continually renewed unless requested by another borrower ( Please note that some non-staff/student Library members are capped on the number of times they can renew an item. Information on loan limits can be found at: http://sydney.edu.au/library/borrowing/cards.html)
- High demand general collection items may be borrowed for 7 days (high demand is defined as when an item is requested by another borrower
- 2-hour collection items may be borrowed for 2 hours or as overnight loans
- Overdue general collection items may be renewed through MyLoans, unless an item is requested by another borrower
- There are NO fines for the late return of a general collection item unless it is requested by another borrower or it is overdue for more than 32 days from the due date
- The late return of a 2-Hour collection item is fined at $10 per hour or part thereof, to a maximum of $120
- The late return of a general collection item requested by another borrower is fined at $10 per day, to a maximum of $320
- You have 7 days to return an item requested by another borrower before fines start accruing, unless the due date is earlier
- The replacement fee for an item deemed lost increases to $320 ($200 replacement fee + $120 processing fee)
- Fines below $30 will not block you from borrowing more items*
* Please note that overdue items requested by another borrower, or any items you still have on loan which are deemed lost will block you from borrowing further library material until you have resolved the issue.
Update: Library borrowing pages have been updated to reflect all the new loan conditions